We are growing in a world of constant competition and stress. Every day we are more scared, hurt, less confident and tired. Our surroundings are not empowering us. Many times, we feel so paralyzed and unbale to find any direction where we can improve over selves and our surroundings. It was the time when the world was struggling with such time and Gandhi ji was born in Porbandar, India in 1869. His philosophy was born when he saw the cruel British authorities and when they misbehaved with him. He was a man of courage, and compassion.
His philosophy is full of knowledge. It gives us a direction and power to believe in ourselves. His teachings are the strength that can distract our brain and rewire our thoughts. Most of our actions and results are connected to our mind and thoughts. If our self-talk is not right, then how can we expect good results? We have compiled some of the quotations of Gandhi ji, and believe that it may help you to reprogram your mind and self-image.
(1) There is force in the universe, which, if we permit it, will flow through us and produce miraculous results.
(2) You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
(3) I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
(4) Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
(5) The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
(6) The future depends on what you do today… Without action, you aren’t going anywhere.
(7) The greatness of humanity is not in being human, but in being humane… A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
(8) The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
(9) Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
(10) Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
(11) An ounce of practice is worth a thousand words.
(12) Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
(13) Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
(14) Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served.
(15) In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
(16) If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
(17) Hate the sin, love the sinner.
(18) Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.
(19) Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.
(20) Permanent good can never be the outcome of untruth and violence.
(21) The future depends on what you do today.
(22) To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
(23) It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.
(24) Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
(25) You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.
You cannot destroy your thoughts. But you can replace them. With more powerful and optimistic one. Your brain processes them just like any other negative thought. And ultimately you will start building a better foundation and microenvironment for yourself. Comment below and let us know which quote you like the most.